chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Shweta Shah <shwetaps...@gmail.com>
Subject Closing .chukwa files in collector at regular fixed offset interval to avoid time interval drift
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 18:33:54 GMT
Hi,

We have a system built on top of Chukwa that introduces the need to have all
sequence files for a given rotateInterval closed and available at a
predictable time.  Currently, we are experiencing some drift in the times
that the sequence files are closed due to the way the TimerTask is scheduled
in the SeqFileWriter class.  We would like to submit a solution that will
allow people to configure the time all collectors should close their files
for processing in a given interval, while still supporting the default
functionality.  We have written the code and are currently testing the
functionality, but would like to know if anyone has any feedback on this
development before submitting a JIRA ticket.

- Shweta