chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject [Discussion] Move to maven to make chukwa more modular
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 17:43:16 GMT
Hi,

For making chukwa more user friendly, it may be worthwhile to convert the project into multiple
sub modules.  Hence, interested party could pick and choose which module to build and deploy.
 Maven seems like a good choice to manage dependencies among submodules and also improve integration
with hadoop and hbase versions.

The layout could look like this:

Trunk
  /common
  /agent
  /collector
  /demux
  /analytics
  /hicc

Demux is the combination of data processors.  It could be named "extractions" as well. Collector
module depends on demux module for HBaseWriter.

Since there is no official release of hadoop + hbase that work together.  It will take some
time for both projects to stabilize.  I think we can make this change while they are evolving.
 Chukwa 0.5 release can come in the time when both projects released official versions then
we release 0.5.  Thoughts?

Regards,
Eric