chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Rabkin <asrab...@gmail.com>
Subject questions about pig
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 03:37:57 GMT
Got a couple questions about the pig-based aggregation. These may
slightly duplicate JIRA comments, so apologies and no need to answer
more than once.

1) Can we run the aggregation scripts in local mode?  I haven't been
able to get Pig to read from anything other than file:/// in local
mode. Is there a trick to it?

2) Is there a good way to sanity check my tables and make sure the
data in HBase looks right? Not quite sure what they "should" look
like.

3) What's the default epoch to start aggregating from?  What happens
if I don't specify START=  to the command?

4) Is there a good way to find out what the last epoch it started
summarizing from was?  Is there a big cost to being over-inclusive?

--Ari

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department