chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Rabkin <asrab...@gmail.com>
Subject hicc wth HBase
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 23:10:27 GMT
Hi all.

Want to report back on some preliminary efforts here at Berkeley to
use HICC+HBase.

So the good news is, it works. We're able to get data from adaptors,
to collectors, into HBase, and then draw graphs of it.
Many thanks to Eric for helping us debug.

 A lot of the pain involved disentangling us from HBase 0.89.  That
now seems to be mostly done.

Now the rough edges.

1) The graphs-from-HBase don't seem to be at all integrated with the
rest of HICC; it's a separate jsp.
2) Lots of graphical rough edges. E.g., the export button leaves
incredible gunk in the address bar, without producing a usable URL.
3) No aggregates.
4) No documentation.

Eric, what was the strategy you had in mind for aggregates, and
integrating with the rest of HICC?
This has now become a priority for the lab, so we have manpower to
throw at it, but want to make optimal use of it.

--Ari

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department