chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Graham <billgra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Experiment with Chukwa trunk
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 20:11:39 GMT
Hi Eric,

A read this over and have a few comments:

- Prerequisites say that Hadoop 0.20+ is required, which I think isn't
entirely true. Agents, collectors and the data processor processes all
can run with 0.18.3. I though HICC was the only thing that required
0.20, no? Either way, we should clarify which components require what
version.

- You talk about a minimal Chukwa install including HBase, which also
seems misleading. Will HBase be required to use Chukwa going forward?
If not, no need to make the barrier for entry sound higher than it
needs to be IMO.

thanks,
Bill