chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Chukwa developerWorks article
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2010 21:33:24 GMT
Chukwa 0.5 is not going to be ready by end of this year.  There are
some major changes which I only work on them on long weekends.  I
think it's best for you to ask questions and you can choose to target
for Chukwa 0.4 or 0.5 on your own discretion.  For Chukwa 0.3, it was
prototyped to load data to HDFS and load materialized result to MySQL.
 For Chukwa 0.4, it is designed to load data to HDFS only.  MySQL path
is no longer supported.  However, there are hacks to make MySQL
components to work with Chukwa 0.4.  Chukwa 0.5 is designed to load
data to HBase for scalability reason.  However, there is a big chunk
of work post data loading for Chukwa 0.5 that are not written.  Hence,
it depends on which version that you are interested in writing
article.  I can provide pointers, but it is definitely going to take
much longer than 8 weeks for Chukwa 0.5.

regards,
Eric