chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Ahmed Fathalla <afatha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contributing to Chukwa
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 04:00:20 GMT
Hey Ari,
                Thanks for your email. I work as a Software Support Engineer
for IBM based in Cairo, Egypt. I mainly support customer's using IBM AIX
Operating System and IBM's clustering and backup solutions. Academically, I
have Bachelor and Master degrees from the Computer Science department at the
American University in Cairo.

I he have been following Hadoop for some time now, and I am really
interested in contributing to it. I am especially excited about Chukwa as it
matches some stuff I have worked with in the past. I will look at JIRA but I
am counting on your help to get to speed with Chukwa as I am not an
experienced Open Source developer.

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 8:23 PM, Ariel Rabkin <asrabkin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Howdy!
>
> A good place to start is the JIRA system:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CHUKWA
> JIRA has the authoritative list of what bugs/feature requests are
> open, and what changes have recently been made to the project.
>
> Can you say a bit more about your background, and what you want to do
> with Chukwa?
>
> --Ari
>
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Ahmed Fathalla <afathalla@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >           I have read about the Chukwa project and would like to
> > contribute. I have checked out the project's wiki, but can someone
> provide a
> > concise set of steps on how to get up to date with the latest project
> > developments and start contributing to the project?
> >
> > --
> > Ahmed Fathalla
> >

> --
> Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com