chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject PipelineStageWriter doesn't work as expected
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 01:12:28 GMT
Hi all,

I'd setup SocketTeeWriter by itself, and having data stream to next socket
reader program.  When I tried to configure two writers, i.e., SeqFileWriter
follow by SocketTeeWriter.  It doesn't work because SeqFileWriter isn't
extending PipelineableWriter.  I went ahead to extend SeqFileWriter as
PipelineableWriter and do that and implemented setNextStage method, and
configured collector with:

  <property>
    <name>chukwaCollector.writerClass</name>

<value>org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.datacollection.writer.PipelineStageWriter</v
alue>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>chukwaCollector.pipeline</name>

<value>org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.datacollection.writer.SeqFileWriter,org.apac
he.hadoop.chukwa.datacollection.writer.SocketTeeWriter</value>
  </property>

SeqFileWriter writes the data correctly, but when connect to
SocketTeeWriter, there was no data visible in SocketTeeWriter.  Commands
works fine, but data streaming doesn't happen.  How do I configure the
collector and PipelineStageWriter to be able to write data into multiple
writer?  Is there something on SeqFileWriter that could prevent this from
working?

Regards,
Eric