chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Hammerbacher <ham...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Cloudera Desktop
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 13:12:52 GMT
Hey Jiaqi,
Thanks for the questions. In the future, could you please use
http://tiny.cloudera.com/desktop-feedback for questions about the product?
Anyways, here are the answers:

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 1:17 AM, Jiaqi Tan <tanjiaqi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1. Are there plans to open-source, or provide an API, to Cloudera Desktop?

The window manager and several other Javascript components are already open
source through MooTools More; see http://github.com/anutron/art, for
example. The Cloudera Desktop basic framework will not be open source. There
is a rough API right now that we're polishing up for some early alpha
testers. If you'd be interested in developing on Cloudera Desktop, drop a
line to desktop-api-subscribe@cloudera.com, and we'll be in touch some time
in the next few months.

> 2. Will the Job Designer plug into Oozie/does it already do that right now?

The version of Oozie available in the public domain does not work for us
after several weeks of tinkering. We have many customers running complex
workflows using similar tools already, and whatever solution we provide in
this domain we hope to make work with Oozie as well.

Thanks,
Jeff