chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Hammerbacher <ham...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Cloudera Desktop
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2009 21:59:40 GMT
Hey Eric,
Thanks for the feedback! At Cloudera, we use Get Satisfaction for customer
comments; in the future, we'd love to have you post to
http://getsatisfaction.com/cloudera/products/cloudera_cloudera_desktop with
your feedback on the product.

I agree that large clusters require different visualization techniques than
small clusters. The Desktop metaphor will allow anyone to build system
monitoring applications that target specific scenarios, e.g. very large
clusters. The UI design for the Cluster Health dashboard that we shipped on
Friday is one take on system monitoring and is intended to provide increased
utility for the vast majority of Hadoop clusters we see in practice, which
are under 200 nodes.

We're certainly looking forward to folks breaking Cloudera Desktop in all
sorts of ways and iterating on the product until we get it right.

Regards,
Jeff