chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Jerome Boulon <jbou...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: rolling a release
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 14:36:06 GMT
I would still release 0.2 just just in case someone want to try Chukwa.
With 3 +1, no -1 and since there's no PMC for Chukwa I guess we can release.
/Jerome.

On 7/28/09 2:17 AM, "Ariel Rabkin" <asrabkin@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all.

We never did get PMC signoff for the 0.2 release, and I think we've
done enough since then to be worth trying to release 0.3, instead.
It's in use at Berkeley, and people are pretty happy. Plus there's a
fairly large chunk of code for SALSA that ought to be released.

I think there's just a handful of blockers before release.

- We need tests for CHUKWA-344.  CHUKWA-348 might also be a blocker.

- I want to revise and reorganize the admin guide. In particular, I
want to pull out the hicc stuff into a separate document, and also
pull out some other sections into a "quickstart" and/or "overview"
document.

- Some refactorings and such that we might as well do before
branching. (notably CHUKWA-355 and CHUKWA-345)

My hope would be to feature freeze+branch in early August, and roll a
release shortly thereafter.  Thoughts?

--Ari

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com