chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Rabkin <asrab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: rolling a release
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 20:06:55 GMT
The relevant PMC isn't the Chukwa PMC, it's the Hadoop PMC.  And I'm
not comfortable doing a release without their thumbs-up. You're
welcome to publicize the candidate build if you like -- the .tgz is
available online.

But I'm not sure I understand the rationale you outline. Why would
people want to try 0.2 rather than trunk, or waiting for 0.3?
Realistically, I don't think 0.2 is more stable than trunk at the
moment.   And the documentation reflects 0.3-trunk, not 0.2.

--Ari

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 7:36 AM, Jerome Boulon<jboulon@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> I would still release 0.2 just just in case someone want to try Chukwa.
> With 3 +1, no -1 and since there's no PMC for Chukwa I guess we can release.
> /Jerome.
>

> On 7/28/09 2:17 AM, "Ariel Rabkin" <asrabkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all.
>
> We never did get PMC signoff for the 0.2 release, and I think we've
> done enough since then to be worth trying to release 0.3, instead.
> It's in use at Berkeley, and people are pretty happy. Plus there's a
> fairly large chunk of code for SALSA that ought to be released.
>
> I think there's just a handful of blockers before release.
>
> - We need tests for CHUKWA-344.  CHUKWA-348 might also be a blocker.
>
> - I want to revise and reorganize the admin guide. In particular, I
> want to pull out the hicc stuff into a separate document, and also
> pull out some other sections into a "quickstart" and/or "overview"
> document.
>
> - Some refactorings and such that we might as well do before
> branching. (notably CHUKWA-355 and CHUKWA-345)
>
> My hope would be to feature freeze+branch in early August, and roll a
> release shortly thereafter.  Thoughts?
>
> --Ari
>
> --
> Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com