chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Rabkin <asrab...@gmail.com>
Subject rolling a release
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 09:17:20 GMT
Hi all.

We never did get PMC signoff for the 0.2 release, and I think we've
done enough since then to be worth trying to release 0.3, instead.
It's in use at Berkeley, and people are pretty happy. Plus there's a
fairly large chunk of code for SALSA that ought to be released.

I think there's just a handful of blockers before release.

- We need tests for CHUKWA-344.  CHUKWA-348 might also be a blocker.

- I want to revise and reorganize the admin guide. In particular, I
want to pull out the hicc stuff into a separate document, and also
pull out some other sections into a "quickstart" and/or "overview"
document.

- Some refactorings and such that we might as well do before
branching. (notably CHUKWA-355 and CHUKWA-345)

My hope would be to feature freeze+branch in early August, and roll a
release shortly thereafter.  Thoughts?

--Ari

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com