chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Jiaqi Tan <tanji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Backfilling and retroactive table creation in MySQL database
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 23:02:48 GMT
Hi,

Answering my own question, I had a dirty hack to just replace the date
argument passed to the TableCreator and specify the date at which the
data-to-be-inserted was timestamped so that the right tables into the
future get created.

Two issues: 1. I'm not sure if that's the cleanest solution, and 2.
perhaps this should be dealt with in conjunction with the backfilling
work, especially if the backfilling process is aware of the timestamp
of the data being backfilled into the Chukwa storage.

Jiaqi