chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Jiaqi Tan <tanji...@gmail.com>
Subject Backfilling and retroactive table creation in MySQL database
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 22:42:24 GMT
Hi,

I've been trying to use the MDL to retroactively load data that was
generated at an earlier time (somewhat like backfilling, but not,
because I'm loading my own state-machine data), but when I create new
tables and fire up dbAdmin.sh in the present time, it only creates
tables into the future. Is there any way to create tables for time
periods that have passed?

Also, taking a step back, if we have support for backfilling, should
there also be support for retroactive table creation for the database,
for instance, for bulk-loading trace data that wasn't collected using
the Agent+Collector framework?

Jiaqi