chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Backfilling and retroactive table creation in MySQL database
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 23:07:58 GMT
TableCreator creates partition base on two parameters.  First parameter is
date, and second parameter is partition size.

For example, you could run:

        ${JAVA_HOME}/bin/java -DCLUSTER=${CLUSTER} ${JVM_OPTS}
org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.database.TableCreator 2009-06-01 7 &

To create the week partition for 2009-06-01.

The current implementation of backfilling tools does not take this into
consideration.  MetricDataLoader contains the schema of the database in
memory while it is loading data.  We could modify MetricDataLoader to keep
track of table partition to accomplish this.

Regards,
Eric