chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Hbase and Chukwa - Question on Agregation
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2009 21:29:32 GMT
Hi Vijay,

There are two consolidation (down sampling) framework in Chukwa.  The first
implementation was done in mysql, where we have a scheduler to periodically
execute sql queries (aggregator.sql) to normalize the data, and rewrite
directly into mysql.  The second implementation is currently under
construction in pig.  There are still some problems (like join) to over come
for the second implementation.

In essence, we would like to have a scheduler to periodically execute a
batch job to normalize the data.  Let's wait and see how the second
implementation turns out by end of this month.  We could implement a direct
map/reduce consolidator after we learn something at a later time.

Regards,
Eric