chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Chukwa on Hbase
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 07:53:53 GMT
Hi Vijay,

Chukwa+Hbase is definitely in the realm of possibility.  I had been playing
with Hbase as one of the candidate for replacing mysql in Chukwa.  An
abstract class with load(fs,directory) method should be a good start point
for processDemuxOutput to load data to multiple pipelines (Hbase, mysql, or
pig).  It's fairly trivial to clean up the dataSource hashmap.  DataSource
hashmap should be moved into the DataLoader to decide what to do with the
sequence file(s).

Don't worry, if you don't plan to write the driver for HICC.  I am actually
interested to write a reference implementation to read data from Hbase, and
render on HICC for the fun of it.

Regards,
Eric