chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Rabkin <asrab...@gmail.com>
Subject controlling the archiver?
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 19:03:31 GMT
I'm looking though the archiver code (working on CHUKWA-25), and I'm puzzled.

It seems like the ArchiveManager only lets me use the "Stream"
grouper. And it's totally unclear to me what that actually does.

Which bin scripts can be executed directly by the user?  What do they do?

What's the correct flow between collection, demux, and archiving?  How
do I do archiving without demux?

What configuration options do I really have?

How much code is stale?  Are all of the archiver output formats and
partitioners still live, or are some stale?

--Ari

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department