chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Rabkin <asrab...@gmail.com>
Subject giving Adaptors an abstract class?
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2009 03:22:59 GMT
Hi all.

There's a lot of clunky repetitive code in the adaptors, for counting
the number of bytes sent, and holding onto the send queue, and the
adaptor metadata. I'd like to factor that out. I think we should
create an AbstractAdaptor class that adaptors can derive from.

The motivation for this is CHUKWA-268, creating an adaptor management
interface. I'd like to be able to pass an instance of this interface
to each adaptor, without the adaptor author having to track it
explicitly.

Thoughts?  It shouldn't be a huge change, but I wanted to discuss first.

--Ari

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department