chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Jiaqi Tan <tanji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adaptor options for Hadoop log files (TaskTracker, DataNode)
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 01:42:08 GMT
Hi Ariel,

So with the CharFileTailingAdaptorUTF8NewLineEscaped, if I have a log
file entry with a multi-line entry, e.g. if there was a Java exception
logged, would each line be separated into a different chunk? If that's
the case, are there any adaptors that would coalesce multi-line log
entries into a single chunk?

Also, does the data type get resolved by Demux to one of the classes
in org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.extraction.demux.processor.mapper? i.e. if
I wanted to implement my own custom datatype, I should create a Demux
processor and stick it in as one of the classes in that package?

Thanks,
Jiaqi