chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Adaptor options for Hadoop log files (TaskTracker, DataNode)
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 05:50:04 GMT
Hi Jiaqi,

Chukwa has a special log4j appender which escapes return character.  The
multi-lines exception will be stored as a single chunk, and processed as a
single chukwa record after Demux.

You are on the right track.  For your purpose, you may want to create your
own custom datatype and having a matched chukwa log4j appender record type
to process the data that you are looking for.  To start, you may be
interested in modifying HadoopLogProcessor, and enhance from there.  Chukwa
is currently streaming all hadoop logs in the same record type (HadoopLog),
and this part could use some help to carve out the definitions.  See you
tomorrow.

Regards,
Eric