chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Rabkin <asrab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adaptor options for Hadoop log files (TaskTracker, DataNode)
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 16:02:33 GMT
You shouldn't need to recompile hadoop -- you can add Chuwka code to
Hadoop just by putting the chukwa-hadoop-xyz jar in the hadoop lib
directory. (Chukwa also needs json.jar, so you know.) You do need to
reconfigure Hadoop, and chukwa/conf/hadoop-log4j.properties does the
Right Thing.

I'll defer to others for the second half of that question.

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department