chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Rabkin <asrab...@gmail.com>
Subject some hicc comments
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 07:42:23 GMT
Worth documenting very clearly that GMT is the default timezone; the
graphs won't show up until you change it.

Also, when I set the timezone to "california", the x axis labels don't
change, even after I hit reset.  They still show GMT.

Maybe have on-screen link to help for hicc?  Even just a link to a
static HTML document at apache.org would be nice.

I think the graph tool does the Wrong Thing if it's asked to display a
longer period than we have data.  You ought to see a lot of white
space, and then some data on the far right of the graph.  Hicc just
picks the biggest time range it can and extends that to the whole
graph.  This means that users don't get feedback when they change the
time period; it's quite disorienting.

I wish there were some clean way to get at the SQL query from the HICC
web interface, so I can figure out what's going on. Can we add a
titlebar button that, when clicked, displays the sql query?

Suppose I have a time period selector on one tab. Does it affect
graphs on the other tabs, or does each tab have separate time period,
cluster, and hosts selectors?

--Ari

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com