chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Jerome Boulon <jbou...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Conf directory and Templates
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2009 19:23:33 GMT
Hi,

Can we define some guideline on what should be named .template and what
shouldn't?

chukwa-demux-conf.xml.template has been renamed to chukwa-demux-conf.xml
mdl.xml.template has been renamed to mdl.xml

Both files contains information that can be removed/update by the end-user
to configure either Demux or DbLoader, for me those 2 files are config files
similar to hadoop-metrics.properties.template. So why renaming them?

In my mind, everything that can be configured should be in a .template.

A script to process all templates files and output the right configuration
file based on a property file could be created.

Thanks,
  Jerome.