chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Rabkin <asrab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Chukwa build
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 18:48:40 GMT
I vote for option 1.  One more jar dependency won't be a serious bar
to adoption, particularly if we roll it in to the release.   And I
think we ought to use a near-current Hadoop.

I see no reason to keep .18 around by default.  People who need back
compatibility with their DFS can just use their favorite jar.  Though
in an ideal world we would avoid version dependencies in the
collector.

As to separating HICC and Chukwa.  It would certainly be possible to
do so, but I'm not convinced there's a pressing need.  Any sense how
painful it would be?

--Ari