chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Vyacheslav Pascarel <vpasc...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: [EXTERNAL] - Re: OpenJDK 11 support
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2018 16:57:07 GMT
Hi Florian,

Thank you for the prompt reply. Does it apply to both Oracle JDK and OpenJDK?

Regards,

Vyacheslav Pascarel

-----Original Message-----
From: Florian Müller <fmui@apache.org>
Sent: November 30, 2018 4:36 AM
To: dev@chemistry.apache.org; Vyacheslav Pascarel <vpascare@opentext.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] - Re: OpenJDK 11 support

Hi Vyacheslav,

OpenCMIS 1.1 should work but does not compile with JDK 11.
The code in trunk is prepared to also compile with JDK 11 but we have to wait until Apache
CXF supports JDK 11. Currently the build breaks because a CXF tool we need for the build doesn't
work, yet.

- Florian

> Hello,
>
> Can anybody tell if OpenJDK version 11 is supported by Chemistry 1.1? If not, are there
any plans to support it in the future?

> Attempt to build Chemistry produced error by maven-enforcer-plugin:
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:1.4.1:enforce
> (enforce-versions) on project chemistry-opencmis: Execution
> enforce-versions of goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:1.4.1:enforce failed:
> An API incompatibility was encountered while executing
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:1.4.1:enforce:
> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null
>
> Switching maven-enforcer-plugin to version 3.0.0-M2 allowed to bypass the error above
but then build has failed due to javax.xml.ws.handler package being missed: