chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenJDK 11 support
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2018 09:36:12 GMT
Hi Vyacheslav,

OpenCMIS 1.1 should work but does not compile with JDK 11.
The code in trunk is prepared to also compile with JDK 11 but we have to
wait until Apache CXF supports JDK 11. Currently the build breaks
because a CXF tool we need for the build doesn't work, yet.

- Florian

> Hello,
>
> Can anybody tell if OpenJDK version 11 is supported by Chemistry 1.1? If not, are there
any plans to support it in the future?

> Attempt to build Chemistry produced error by maven-enforcer-plugin:
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:1.4.1:enforce
(enforce-versions) on project chemistry-opencmis: Execution enforce-versions of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:1.4.1:enforce
failed: An API incompatibility was encountered while executing org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:1.4.1:enforce:
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null

> Switching maven-enforcer-plugin to version 3.0.0-M2 allowed to bypass the error above
but then build has failed due to javax.xml.ws.handler package being missed:

> [ERROR] /home/jsmith/dev/apache/chemistry-opencmis-1.1.0/chemistry-opencmis-commons/chemistry-opencmis-commons-api/src/main/java/org/apache/chemistry/opencmis/commons/spi/AuthenticationProvider.java:[27,28]
package javax.xml.ws.handler does not exist