chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject CMIS Extensions
Date Sun, 13 May 2018 17:17:45 GMT
Hi Sascha,

these extensions are sent with the request. That is only supported by
the Web Services Binding.
The other bindings use HTTP GET for many operations and these calls
don't have a request body, which could carry the extension data.

Whenever you send data from the client to the server, you can extend the
data your sending with extensions.

- Florian

> Hello together,
>
> As far as I understood you can set extensions at different levels on the ObjectData on
the server side.
> But what is the ExtensionsData argument on many of the methods on the CmisService interface
for?

> For example we have an ExtensionsData object on getFolderParent:
> ObjectData getFolderParent(String repositoryId, String folderId, String filter, ExtensionsData
extension)

> For this service it is always set to null in upper layers of AtomPub, Browser calls.
> Is this argument on the API maybe reserved for possible future use?
>

> Also if I remember right I read a mail on this list about Extensions not supported for
Browser Binding.