chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSSION] Minimum Java version for OpenCMIS
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2017 21:57:30 GMT
Hi all,

Today, OpenCMIS requires Java 7 or later. Java 7 reached EOL in 2015.
In the near future, we will get into trouble when we try to update the
OpenCMIS dependencies. A few libraries OpenCMIS depends on already
dropped or are going to drop Java 7 support. Running on unmaintained and
outdated libraries doesn't sound like a good idea.

Should we increase the minimum Java version to 8 in the next OpenCMIS
release?
Is there anyone who needs to run OpenCMIS on Java 7?

- Florian