chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Tycho Nijon <ty...@divault.nl>
Subject Connecting OpenCMIS to an ElasticSearch index on an object storage.
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2017 14:30:57 GMT
Hello,

In the project I am currently working on, I am trying to implement an
OpenCMIS Server to enable a CMIS connection to our repository. Following
the OpenCMIS Server Development Guide from the corresponding Github page
(see addendum links), I managed to get the Java project running in
Eclipse using Maven and a Tomcat server. In the default state, this
project works with a repository based on a file system structure. In
other words, it assumes a root and a directory/file structure and uses
the Java File class to simulate this logic.

However, the repository I am trying to connect to is an object storage
repository. This means that there is no mention of a file, or directory.
On top of this object storage we have an ElasticSearch index in which
some structure is defined (i.e. there is a file system like structure
through parent/child relationships in the index). I am now wondering if
it is possible to rewrite the provided code in such a way that it can
handle such an object instead of a Java File object. My attempts thus
far have been unsuccessful, but I have not changed all the required
parts of the project yet. After working mainly in the
"FilebridgeRepository.java" file, I noticed that removing the File
structure from that file raised errors in files higher up the chain,
because they expect a File object to be returned.

My question would then be: "Is it feasible to rewrite this project to a
project that can handle different object types?". If the only way to do
that is to rewrite the entire framework, I am unsure if it is even worth
it.

I will be glad to explain more details about my project if more
information is required.

Kind regards,

Tycho Nijon

-----
addendum:

[OpenCMIS Server Development Guide PDF]
https://github.com/cmisdocs/ServerDevelopmentGuide/blob/master/doc/OpenCMIS%20Server%20Development%20Guide.pdf?raw=true

[OpenCMIS Server Development Guide github]
https://github.com/cmisdocs/ServerDevelopmentGuide