chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From "Mignon, Laurent" <laurent.mig...@acsone.eu>
Subject Re: How to ease contributions to chemisty-cmsilib
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2017 09:51:23 GMT
On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 11:07 AM, Nick Burch <apache@gagravarr.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Oct 2017, Florian Müller wrote:
>
>> I like the idea of moving all Apache Chemistry projects to Git. It's some
>> work, though. Someone has to drive it...
>>

> I think you already have github mirrors for all of them!
> https://github.com/apache?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=chemistry&type=&language=

I know that we already have a mirror but it's a mirror and you always have
to make the work twice.

(If there's any missing just ask infra)

> We switched Apache Tika to git a year or so ago, and it's a non-trivial
> amount of work, so you'd want to ensure you're actually getting benefit
> from doing it...
>
> Nick

What are the impacts? From what I find as information on chemistry-cmislib
it's difficult to assess the workload that this represents. The only
information I can find is that you have to make a ticket to the support.

The ASF provides CI servers which run on svn or git commits, you just have
> to ask for one to be turned on. The main two offerings are:
>  * https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Jenkins
>  * https://ci.apache.org/buildbot.html

To automate the tests of cmislib we must be able to install/access a cmis
server (alfresco, nuxeo, ???). Do we have this kind of server available
somewhere? With travis or gitlabci, I know  it's possible to install this
kind of server before running the tests or to use a container with all the
required stuff pre installed. Is-it possible with the ASF CI servers?

Another advantage with travis is that configuring your build is part of the
project sources. It is therefore possible to adapt it from one branch to
another. This is a feature that is very important to me in anticipation of
adding python3 support. I know that for buildbot, this is not possible.
It's too long since I've used travis to know if it's possible with this one.

lmignon