chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Potts <jeffpott...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to ease contributions to chemisty-cmsilib
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2017 13:44:48 GMT
We actually discussed this quite a while ago and decided it was okay to
move cmislib to git. However, upon looking at it, I realized that the only
difference was going to be the command line tool developers used. It was
not going to make the project available on github (beyond what is already
available with the mirror) and it didn't look like it was going to ease
contributions through pull requests.

So I am supportive of moving to git, even if it only means that the people
who contribute can use git instead of svn.

But, I am curious as to exactly how the move will make the project more
visible, make changes more visible, and make the review process simpler.

Jeff