chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Connecting OpenCMIS to an ElasticSearch index on an object storage.
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2017 10:41:20 GMT
Hi Tycho,

The OpenCMIS server framework has been used by several companies to
build CMIS servers. (Alfresco, Nuxeo, SAP, IBM, OpenText, to name a
few.) They all have different back-ends with different structures or no
structure at all. It's absolutely feasible to implement a CMIS server
with the OpenCMIS server framework on top of another data source.

The OpenCMIS Server Development Guide has originally been written for a
hands-on training. The participants should implement a CMIS server
within 3 hours. Because of the short period of time, we required a
backend all participants were familiar with - the file system.

I don't know what is better option for you, taking the code and changing
it or starting from scratch. Both have pros and cons.
In the end, you need two classes. One derived from
AbstractServiceFactory and one derived from AbstractCmisService.
Implement the read-only operations first.

- Florian