chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ready for JDK 9 ?
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2017 12:22:15 GMT
Hi Rory,

I tried compiling Apache Chemistry OpenCMIS with JDK 9, but it failed.
We are relying on Apache CXF 3.0.14 and its wsdl2java tool. This tool is
not JDK 9 ready. This is the Maven error message:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.cxf:cxf-codegen-plugin:3.0.14:wsdl2java (generate-sources) on
project chemistry-opencmis-commons-impl: Execution generate-sources of
goal org.apache.cxf:cxf-codegen-plugin:3.0.14:wsdl2java failed: A
required class was missing while executing
org.apache.cxf:cxf-codegen-plugin:3.0.14:wsdl2java:
javax/annotation/Resource

In general, I don't think there is any OpenCMIS code that has an issue
with JDK 9.  But if our dependencies are not ready, we are not ready.

Best regards,

Florian