chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Homeier <shome...@apollon.de>
Subject createDocument Service: Valid CMIS Behaviour
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2017 12:28:31 GMT
Hello together,

the CMIS 1.1 createDocument service “creates a document object of the specified type (given
by the cmis:objectTypeId property) in the (optionally) specified location.”

Is it valid for the server to create a subtype of the given objectType?

The problem we currently face is that we map the Type-Hierarchy of our DAM System 1:1 to the
CMIS Type-Model.
Which means for example we have a type ‘omn:image’ which extends type ‘omn:file’ which
again extends type ‘cmis:document’.
So when we upload a file to our DAM system it automatically creates an object of the proper
type. For example, every upload of a *.jpg file results in an object of type ‘omn:image’
while a *.zip would result in ‘omn:file’.
We do not have any concrete objects of type ‘cmis:document’ but we would like to allow
the clients to create a document of this type for convenience purposes.
Because
1.) many CMIS Clients just use ‘cmis:document’ by default when creatingDocuments
2.) otherwise the client needs to know the required typeId for every file type he wants to
create

So, if the client asks to create a document of type “cmis:document” and the server creates
this document but it is of type ‘omn:image’ (which is a subtype of 'cmis:document'), would
this be valid CMIS?

P.S:
Lesson Learned: Composition over Inheritance <-> Aspects/SecondaryTypes over complex
Hierarchies ;)

Thx in advance.

Cheers
Sascha
P. +84 166 456-3331
shomeier@apollon.de

turning technology.

apollon GmbH+Co. KG
Maximilianstr. 104
75172 Pforzheim / Germany
www.apollon.de

Geschäftsführer: Eugen Müller, Norbert Weckerle
Amtsgericht Mannheim HRA 705979
PhG: apollon Verwaltungs-GmbH Mannheim HRB 720987

Besuchen Sie uns auf der dmexco Köln am 13./14. September 2017
apollon gemeinsam mit implexis in Halle 7.1, Stand E-015
Zur direkten Terminvereinbarung!