chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Homeier <shome...@apollon.de>
Subject Re: createDocument Service: Valid CMIS Behaviour
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2017 05:24:21 GMT
Hi Florian,

thanks very much for your detailed answer.
That eases things a lot for us ;)

Cheers
Sascha

P. +84 166 456-3331
shomeier@apollon.de

turning technology.

apollon GmbH+Co. KG
Maximilianstr. 104
75172 Pforzheim / Germany
www.apollon.de

Geschäftsführer: Eugen Müller, Norbert Weckerle
Amtsgericht Mannheim HRA 705979
PhG: apollon Verwaltungs-GmbH Mannheim HRB 720987

Besuchen Sie uns auf der dmexco Köln am 13./14. September 2017
apollon gemeinsam mit implexis in Halle 7.1, Stand E-015
Zur direkten Terminvereinbarung!
> On Aug 15, 2017, at 9:01 PM, Florian Müller <fmui@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Sacha,
>
> That's an interesting question. I don't think there is a definite answer.
>
> First of all, the server is the master of all (system) properties and can change property
values whenever necessary.
> The cmis:objectTypeId property is a bit different, though. The spec says (section 2.1.2):
"An object must have one and only one primary object-type, which cannot be changed."
> That means, that the cmis:objectTypeId property can definitely not be changed by clients
and clients don't expect it to change during the lifetime of an object. The spec disallows
that a document can suddenly become a folder.

> But your use case is different. You would change the cmis:objectTypeId property _before_
the object is created. That is, the object type wouldn't change during the lifetime of the
document and that is in accordance with the spec. You would also create a subtype of the requested
type and not use another base type. That is, the new document has all requested properties
and follows the requested CMIS behaviour. It's a super-set of the specified type.
> I guess, most clients wouldn't notice it. I've seen servers that change the name of a
document at creation time to avoid name conflicts. That's more confusing for clients than
switching to a subtype.

> From a spec as well as from practical point of view, personally I would put it into the
category "acceptable". The term "valid" is very strong...