chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenCMIS - Restricted to cxf webservices
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2017 17:07:46 GMT
Hi Anil,

There were quite a few severe issues with the JAX-WS RI. For example, we
had to use internal classes and interfaces to make the content streaming
work. A few internal interfaces changed from Java 7 to Java 8, which
made it impossible for us to provide jars that work for both Java
versions. And with Java 9 that wouldn't had worked at all.
We had to move away from the JAX-WS RI. Apache CXF was a natural choice
for us as an Apache project.
We also don't have the capacity to maintain code for multiple JAX-WS
stacks. There are still extension points to plug in a different JAX-WS
stack, but we will not provide the implementation for another one.

Apart from this, don't use Web Services! Really! It's much slower than
the AtomPub binding and much more cumbersome. There is no good reason to
use the Web Services binding to connect to SharePoint.

There are just two essential things that should be pointed out.

1. Install the "February 9, 2016, cumulative update for SharePoint
Server 2013 (KB3114726)". It contains several CMIS fixes.
2. Turn on all relevant workarounds via session parameters in OpenCMIS
(OMIT_CHANGE_TOKENS, ADD_NAME_ON_CHECK_IN, and
LATEST_VERSION_WITH_VERSION_SERIES_ID).

- Florian