chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cmis
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2017 07:07:33 GMT
Hi,

OpenCMIS has no default maximum. It returns whatever the repository
sends. The repository may have a maximum, though.
The getTotalNumItems() method SHOULD return the number of hits. If it
returns -1 the repository didn't return this value, for what ever
reason. In some cases the repository simply cannot return this number or
it is to expensive to calculate this number.
If the number is not provided, you have to iterate over the query
results and count.

The code could look like this:

ItemIterable<QueryResult> results = session.query("SELECT ...", false)

long numOfHits = results.getTotalNumItems();
if(numOfHits < 0) {
   numOfHits = 0;
   for(QueryResult qr: results) {
     numOfHits++;
   }
}

Please see also the code samples on Apache Chemistry website:

https://chemistry.apache.org/docs/cmis-samples/samples/queries/index.html

https://chemistry.apache.org/docs/cmis-samples/samples/lists/index.html

- Florian