chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: MIME Types for BMP and XML files - diff between Chemistry Client API and Apache Tika
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2017 18:12:03 GMT
On Mon, 23 Jan 2017, Mark Streit wrote:
> For a file *widget.bmp*:
>
>   - The MIME returned from Tika is *"image/x-ms-bmp"* and our application
>   code successfully creates the cmis:Document object setting the
> cmis:contentStreamMimeType
>   to "*image/x-ms-bmp*".
>   - If you create the content using the *Chemistry Workbench,* the content
>   is created successfully as well, but the cmis:contentStreamMimeType is
>   set to "*image/bmp*".

See TIKA-2250. Chemistry uses the "common" but until recently unofficial
mimetype, Tika was giving the "correct" one with the other as an alias.
However, as of a few months ago (see RFC 7903), the one that Chemistry
uses is now official, so Tika will switch

> Likewise for a file *another_widget.xml*:
>
>   - The MIME returned from Tika is *"application/xml"* and our application
>   code successfully creates the cmis:Document object setting the
> cmis:contentStreamMimeType
>   to "*application/xml*".
>   - If you create the content using the *Chemistry Workbench,* the content
>   is created successfully as well, but the cmis:contentStreamMimeType is
>   set to "*text/xml*".

Generally text/xml is used for XML files which can be sensibly looked at
by humans, application/xml for everything else.

Nick