chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Slow when call cmis bridge using pure http call after a few days
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2016 17:00:27 GMT
Hi Wentao,

The log excerpt shows that the getRepositoryInfo call takes most of the
time. Why it takes that long should be answered by a FileNet expert
(Jay?).

The log excerpt also shows that you are creating a new OpenCMIS session
to your FileNet server on the bridge. If you can cache the OpenCMIS
session object on the bridge, you avoid the getRepositoryInfo call and
save a lot of time.
Probably you already do that but your cache evicts the session object at
some point. The next request has to set up a new session that then calls
getRepositoryInfo again, which takes time. That would explain why it
suddenly gets slower.

Does it stay slow or do you only see spikes?
Are you using HTTP sessions and cookies for the cache? If so, does the
client always send the correct (current) cookies?

Btw. Use the Browser Binding, if you can. It's faster.

- Florian