chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Slow when call cmis bridge using pure http call after a few days
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2016 20:14:11 GMT

Hi Wentao,

Because your clients don't manage cookies, the LRU Cache implementation
is a better fit
(org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.bridge.lrucache.LruCacheBridgeServiceFactory).
With the HttpSessionBridgeServiceFactory and without cookies you are
accumulating a lot of useless session objects on the bridge. Please
check if you see the same symptoms with the LRU cache.

If you download documents frequently, please remove this line:
httpConnGetContent.disconnect();
Without it sockets to the bridge can be reused and SSL handshakes can be
avoided.

Also make sure that you always read the full content, even if an error
occurs somewhere. Otherwise the socket can get stuck.

- Florian

> Hi Florian,
>
> Thanks for your help again.
>
> At the moment, I am not 100% sure if the slowness is occurred on FileNet CMIS server
or on the CMIS bridge server, as if I restart the bridge server, it back to 3 seconds.

> Does it stay slow or do you only see spikes?   Wentao:  It stay slow until I restart
bridge server.

> Are you using HTTP sessions and cookies for the cache? If so, does the client always
send the correct (current) cookies?

> Wentao:  we extended the "HttpSessionCmisService" from the bridge library, we did not
set cookie in client code, snip of the client code as below:

>         String cmisGetContentPrefix = "https://myserver/cmisbridge/atom/myrepository/content/?ID=";
>         URL urlGetContent = new URL(cmisGetContentPrefix+idd);
>         HttpURLConnection httpConnGetContent = (HttpURLConnection)urlGetContent.openConnection();
>         httpConnGetContent.setRequestProperty("Authorization","Basic "+ authStr);
>         InputStream inputStream = httpConnGetContent.getInputStream();
>         response.setHeader("Content-Type", httpConnGetContent.getContentType());
>         response.setHeader("Content-Disposition", httpConnGetContent.getHeaderField("Content-Disposition"));
>         int bytesRead = -1;
>         byte [] buffer = new byte[64000];
>         while ((bytesRead = inputStream.read(buffer)) != -1){
>             response.getOutputStream().write(buffer,0,bytesRead);
>         }
>         inputStream.close();
>         httpConnGetContent.disconnect();
>
> Thanks
> Wentao

takes that long should be answered by a FileNet expert (Jay?).

> The log excerpt also shows that you are creating a new OpenCMIS session to your FileNet
server on the bridge. If you can cache the OpenCMIS session object on the bridge, you avoid
the getRepositoryInfo call and save a lot of time.
> Probably you already do that but your cache evicts the session object at some point.
The next request has to set up a new session that then calls getRepositoryInfo again, which
takes time. That would explain why it suddenly gets slower.