chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Homeier <shome...@apollon.de>
Subject Question about Paging - numItems
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 05:19:36 GMT
Hi all,

I am currently struggling with the paging of a query result set.

Did I understand it correctly that “numItems” should contain the whole number of items
(if the repository knows about it)?

So for example a repository only contains 16 documents all from type cmis:document and we
have a query like:
“SELECT cmis:name FROM cmis:document ORDER BY cmis:name”

When we set the page size (maxItems) to 5 and the skipCount to 0 then I assume that the server
should pass the first 5 results (the first page) and set the numItems to 16.
When we want the second page we set skipCount to 5 (and leave maxItems = 5) and still numItems
is 16.
Third page with a skipCount of 10 and still numItems = 16. And so on…

Is this correct?

Cause when I do it this way on the server the QueryFrame in the CMIS Workbench gives me 11
hits for skipCount = 5 and maxItems = 5 (the ItemIterable in the loop just goes through all
pages).

I compared with Alfresco CMIS Demo server. For this the Workbench QueryFrame properly only
shows up 5 hits for every page but it seems the Alfresco Server does set “numItems” to
the summed up number of items until current page (numItems = 5 for skipCount = 0, numItems
= 10 for skipCount = 5).

I strongly assume Alfresco is right here.

tia

Cheers
Sascha

P. +84 166 456-3331
shomeier@apollon.de

turning technology.

apollon GmbH+Co. KG
Maximilianstr. 104
75172 Pforzheim / Germany
www.apollon.de

Geschäftsführer: Eugen Müller (Vors.), Ingrid Müller (stv. Vors.),
Peter Schellhorn, Norbert Weckerle
Amtsgericht Mannheim HRA 500441
PhG: Meyle+Müller Verwaltungs-GmbH HRB 500138

apollon auf der dmexco Köln 14./15. September 2016
Halle 6.1 / Stand A-064
Schnell kostenlose Tickets downloaden – nur vom 18.7. bis 15.8.2016