chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: OpenCMIS 1.0
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 21:29:52 GMT
On Tue, 19 Jul 2016, Gavin Cornwell wrote:
> If we’re contemplating a move from Java 6 why not move straight to 8?

What new features do we get if we move to 8 rather than 7? How many users
would we loose because their locked-down "enterprise" work environments
are stuck with 7? (Or worse, earlier...)

(IIRC Alfresco 4.x is supported on Java 7, only 5.x bumped it to Java 8,
so we'd potentially loose some Alfresco users. Not sure about other common
platforms that OpenCMIS gets used with, but based on my work on Tika and
POI there's a surprising number of folks out there stuck on old JRE
versions)

Nick