chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Homeier <shome...@apollon.de>
Subject Re: Language dependent properties in CMIS
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 08:10:32 GMT
Hi Florian,

sry but the CC somehow went into the Trash-Folder and just now reading the Mailing list.

Thx for your comments I think I’ll need to look at some usual customer UseCase to determine
how extensive those properties are used.

Cheers
Sascha

P. +84 166 456-3331
shomeier@apollon.de

turning technology.

apollon GmbH+Co. KG
Maximilianstr. 104
75172 Pforzheim / Germany
www.apollon.de

Geschäftsführer: Eugen Müller (Vors.), Ingrid Müller (stv. Vors.),
Peter Schellhorn, Norbert Weckerle
Amtsgericht Mannheim HRA 500441
PhG: Meyle+Müller Verwaltungs-GmbH HRB 500138

apollon auf der dmexco Köln 14./15. September 2016
Halle 6.1 / Stand A-064
Schnell kostenlose Tickets downloaden – nur vom 18.7. bis 15.8.2016
> On Jul 8, 2016, at 9:21 PM, Florian Müller <fmui@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Sascha,
>
> You are right, the CMIS spec doesn't cover this case. So, here is my view.
>
> With a small, fixed set of languages, I would introduce a property per language, as you
described. I would probably name them something like "article-description[en]", "article-description[fr]",
and "article-description[de]".
> I would also add two extensions to the property definition; one that associated them
and one that provides the language of the property. Most clients would ignore those, but a
custom client may use them in the future to provide a better user experience.
> (Btw. Such property definition attributes could be added to the spec if it is a common
use case and if somebody makes a proposal.)

> With a large set of languages and sparse translations I would go for a multi-value property.
Each property value then would have to be prefixed with the language code. It makes it more
difficult for the client and the server has to validate the property values, but it's better
than introducing 30 new properties of which most are empty.