chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From AJ Weber <awe...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Question about Alfresco Aspects
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 12:22:56 GMT
It would help if you provide a more complete code-snippet, but if you
are CREATING a new document and wish to include Alfresco Aspects as part
of the document's metadata, you do not need to cast the object at
creation time...

Construct your OBJECT_TYPE_ID with the type (for example cmis:document)
plus any aspects you want to use at the outset, for example "cm:titled".

To create a document you would set the other properties, and set
PropertyIds.OBJECT_TYPE_ID to "D:cmis:document,P:cm:titled". (Don't
forget Alfresco's additional prefixes such as "D:", "F:", "P:".)

     props.put(PropertyIds.OBJECT_TYPE_ID, "D:cmis:document,P:cm:titled");

Again, I don't know what you're actually trying to do because you have
only given us one line of code.  The plural in your variable may mean
nothing, or it may mean you're trying to cast an array/list to
AlfrescoDocument, which would be incorrect as well.

-AJ