chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Vyacheslav Pascarel <vpasc...@opentext.com>
Subject How to pass "extension data" for different bindings?
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2016 13:42:41 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am trying to use pass some additional non-CMIS data from client to server. For example,
in case of creating a new type in the target ECM, simple CMIS type definition may not be sufficient
to pass all the data. I was looking at using ExtensionsData since it is coming as an input
in almost every method on server side. But it seems that passing ExtensionData is only supported
by Web Services binding. The source code on client for sending and on server for receiving
does not do anything for extension data. Sending extension data from server to client seems
to be supported by all bindings.

So my question: Is there a way to pass "extension data" without resorting to Web Services
binding?

I understand HTTP GET for Browser and AtomPub applies some restrictions on sending data, but
HTTP POST and PUT could include such data. PUT & GET would suffice for a lot of scenarios
while GET could return extension data all the time if needed.

Regards,

Vyacheslav Pascarel