chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Requesting for help in querying sharepoint 2010 Via CMIS workbench
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 11:13:16 GMT
Hi Neza,

Since getFolderTree and getDescendants are not supported by SharePoint
you have to either walk through the hierarchy with getChildren or use a
query ("SELECT * FROM cmis:documents").
I would prefer the query over getChildren and would not advise to use
getFolderTree or getDescendants even if it would be supported.
(getDescendants delivers everything in your repository in one response
if you call it on the root folder. Depending on your repository that can
be a lot! I've seen getDescendants responses of a few hundred MB. It
works but it took some time to generate the response on the server side
and to read it on the client side. The overall user experience was ...
not good).

Using a query has the advantage that you can page the results and
therefore deal with a really large number of documents in your
repository. If you need Document objects instead of QueryResult objects,
checkout the method Session.queryObjects(...).

- Florian