chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SOAP GetContentStream and extensions in the response
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2016 15:11:53 GMT
Hi Sud,

the intention of the CMIS spec is that a client calls getObject and
getContentStream separately.

Technically (although not implemented in OpenCMIS), it would be possible
to transport additional data with the content with the Web Services
binding. But that is not standardized and wouldn't work with the other
bindings. I would advised against it.

- Florian

> I see that the current code for the ObjectService.GetContentStream operation does not
support returning extensions in the SOAP response. The use case we are trying to implement
is to return the content stream along with the document metadata in the same response.

> Any suggestions how we should approach this. Does it make sense to enhance GetContentStream
to support extensions in the response? Or is there a different operation that is more appropriate
for our use case or should simply using GetContentStream and GetObject with two separate calls
to get both content and metadata?

> -sud
>

> The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is for the intended
addressee only.  Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the information, or copying of this
message is prohibited.  If you are not the intended addressee, please notify the sender immediately
and delete this message.