chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Secondary Types - how to apply RM holds?
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2016 07:36:23 GMT
Hi Vyacheslav,

The idea is that secondary type cmis:rm_hold is sufficient to put an
object under one or multiple holds.
You apply the secondary type and set the multivalue property
cmis:rm_holdIds. You can add and remove different holds on the object at
any time by updating the property cmis:rm_holdIds. Usually, the hold IDs
have a meaning in the context of the repository and an application. They
can reference, for example, a lawsuit. But these semantics are out of
the CMIS scope.

A type derived from cmis:rm_hold is rather an exception. It allows
repositories to provide additional information about holds. Because most
CMIS clients don't understand the information (they can only display
it), this not of much value. Nevertheless, the CMIS spec allows it to
provide an easy data exchange between the repository and a specialized
application.

- Florian